With great sadness we have to announce that, in line with the advice from HM Government and the Methodist Church, that our building remains closed and all Church Services and meetings have been suspended/cancelled until further notice.
If anyone has pastoral needs or is aware of any of our community that needs help or support, please tell your Pastoral Visitor, a Steward or our Minister Abe so that we can respond appropriately.
The Thursday Prayer and Devotional meeting and Wednesday Club have all been suspended until further notice – prayer concerns can be passed ‘in confidence’ to Margaret Boreham for the prayer group who are meeting and sharing concerns ‘on line’
The advice of the Methodist Church – which also contains some worship material and details of live streamed worship services for use at home can be found by going to the ‘Web links’ tab at the top of this page, selecting ‘church links’ and scrolling down to the link on Corona Virus. The ‘church links’ also include a link to the Circuit Web Site which includes links to Sunday worship prepared by our Circuit Ministers for use at home.
The Penge Community Pre-School has re-opened in line with Government advice
The following non Methodist user groups have suspended meetings:-
Assembly of God Mission in London
Carla’s Yoga (Closed Permanently)
Chestnut Lodge WG Group
The British Theatre Academy
Only Believe Christian Assembly
Penge Community Pre-School
Salvation & Deliverance Ministry
Sunday Tai Chi
Links to user groups can be found on this web site under ‘Regular Activities’.
The government’s latest guidance says. Stay alert
“We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert.”
This means you must:
• stay at home as much as possible
• work from home if you can
• limit contact with other people
• keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
• Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
• Wash your hands regularly
• Avoid touching your face
• If you cough or sneeze use a tissue and dispose of it.
• Wipe down or disinfect surfaces that may be touched by others – e.g. door handles
• Isolate if you have symptoms and go on line to www.111.nhs.uk or call 111 for advice
If you need help, are lonely or simply need to speak to someone – contact your Pastoral Visitor, a Steward or Abe
Above all – Stay Alert & Safe